AV DESIGN and FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Interior Environments – Novi, Mi.
Interior Environments was founded in 1999. We are an industry leading company that exists to create great workspaces for our clients. We have extensive experience working with clients from technology, manufacturing, education, healthcare, automotive and government sectors. IE offers quality products and comprehensive services with a unique approach that differentiates IE from the competition. Our approach is action-driven, compelling, imaginative and distinctive. We were listed as Crain’s Cool places to work in 2016.
- We are currently looking for a Design and Field Service Engineer to play a key role in the current and rapidly growing Technology Division within Interior Environments. This person will work closely with the sales engineer to convert project scopes into functional system designs, flow diagrams, and proposals.
- Translate project scope descriptions and requirements into functional system designs
- Identify all necessary hardware for designed systems
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous material needs
- Produce official proposals for material and labor estimates for designed systems
- Develop engineered system drawings, wire pull lists, elevation drawings for installations
- Provide engineering and programming support to installation team as needed
- Travel to job sites for system commissioning, troubleshooting, and updates as required
- Collect, organize and produce project close-out documentation
- Actively and consistently support the customer and enhance customer experience through technology
- Meet with vendors/prospective vendors to evaluate potential new products
- Strong understanding of complex Audio Video systems, Networked AV, and IP network fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Video hardware, software, Video Teleconferencing and Digital Signal Processing solutions (Polycom, Biamp, ClearOne)
- Ability to diagnose complex system problems
- Audio Video control programming experience is preferred (Crestron)
- Advanced computer skills to support design, configuration and operation of Audio Video equipment
- Willingness to support inclusion of contracted technology solutions within internal proposals
- Ability to work and think independently while ensuring deadlines are met
- Effective written and oral communication for interaction with colleagues and clients
- Ability to communication and work with various teams
- Be able to multi-task on a variety of projects
- Aptitude to learn new technologies as they present themselves
- Be able to interface with the Client as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in electronics or related technical field is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant Audio Video, Telephony and or Network experience preferred
- Certified Technology Specialist certification is preferred