We are seeking an Applications Engineer who is responsible for joining the Sales team to assist customers with the development and implementation of industry leading display solutions. The Applications Engineer serves as the primary technical contact to customers for pre-sales technical support. The Applications Engineer will interact directly with our customers’ sales, engineering, and others to lead technical discussions about Leyard/Planar’s display systems to arrive at an optimal solution. S/he will be responsible for training and occasionally assisting with the installation of Leyard/Planar products and services at customer sites. Additionally, the Applications Engineer will be responsible for providing feedback and following up on technical issues with the Product Management team. The South Central Region Applications Engineer will be based in Dallas or Houston, and in close proximity to an airport.
- Conduct product trainings and presentations, and provide technical qualification of sales opportunities.
- Provide pre and post-sale integration and application development support to new and existing customer base.
- Partner with Customer Service as necessary to resolve post-sale technical issues.
- Partner with Sales to initiate technical discussions with current and prospective customers.
- Make presentations and perform product demonstrations for the customer’s decision-makers and influencers.
- Assist the Sales team on sales calls as necessary.
- Advocate customer needs to the Product Management team.
- Create technical documents in support of sales process.
- Assist Sales with proposal creation and technical order review.
- Provide on-site support to Leyard/Planar partners and customers to perform training and installation as required.
- Prepare and coordinate hardware and software applications for use in both short- and long-term customer demonstrations.
- Provide technical feedback on enhancements and changes to existing and development products.
- Advise management on issues arising from product development problems identified through communications with the customer.
- Support marketing activities including trade shows and technical articles, as required.
- Support engineering activities including, but not limited to, product roll-outs and technical publication review in support of business objectives.
- Assist Sales team to support Leyard/Planar customers in the effort of customer support, product sustaining engineering and RMA process.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Customers, Account Managers, Project Managers, Customer Service and Sales Department Staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A/V product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and selling ability.
- Mental ability to conduct on-going interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes.
- Physical ability to use computer hardware/software required.
- Ability to read, write, and understand and communicate with others in English.
- Ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct.
- Ability to come to work demonstrating timely and regular attendance.
- Ability to handle stress.
Education & Experience
- Some higher education or vocational training, preferably in a technical field.
- 2 to 4 years in a technical sales role, preferably in a B2B technology company.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%.
· Heavy lifting up to 50 pounds and constant standing.
· May need to work overtime or odd hours as necessary.
· Working with others in a team setting.
To apply, please visit www.planar.com/careers.